In 2016, Sedona Recycles recycled 18.4 tons of aluminum, saving:

24,633 gallons of oil

 

Where it goes: Yavapai Metal Recycling – Dewey, AZ
What it becomes: aluminum cans

 

P1020422

 

Aluminum Recycling Facts
  • Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV set for three hours.
  • Recycling aluminum uses only 5% of the energy used to make the material from scratch. That means you can make 20 cans out of recycled material with the same amount of energy it takes to make one can out of new material. Energy savings in 1993 alone were enough to light a city the size of Pittsburgh for six years.
  • Americans throw away enough aluminum every month to rebuild our entire commercial air fleet.
  • When you toss out one aluminum can you waste as much energy as if you had filled the same can half-full of gasoline and poured it into the ground.
  • More than 50% of a new aluminum can is made from recycled aluminum.
  • The 36 billion aluminum cans landfilled last year had a scrap value of more than $600 million.
  • Aluminum can be recycled forever without degrading in quality.
  • About 70% of all metal is used just once and discarded. The remaining 30% is recycled. After five cycles, one-fourth of 1% of the metal remains in circulation.